Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I'm being the hermit again this year by staying in and eating scrumptious foods and watching scary movies with my husband. We're starting off with Rosemary's Baby. I didn't want to make a dinner but instead do appetizers which we could nibble on with bloody marys.


Spinach Artichoke Dip with sundried tomatoes and hot chili flakes. This will go with whole grain crackers and celery sticks. Recipe here.


Stuffed baked potato skins with imitation bacon bits. Yum!


And you gotta have a sweets on Halloween. These are pumpkin bars with cream "cheez" frosting. I am not crazy about this recipe, it was only ok. The frosting didn't set at all and the bars were a bit on the mushy/gooey side.

8 comments:

Andy said...

Oh that spinach artichoke dip looks delicious. Is there a recipe somewhere?

Vic Robinson said...

These all look amazing and if you dont like the cake...ill take it! :0

kmouse said...

Andy,
I just edited my post to include the recipe link for you.

Vic,
I'm sure you could have made a better pumpkin cake. This one was not what I expected. I'll have to try again sometime.

Sarah S. said...

Your spinach artichoke dip sounds perfect. Bookmarked it for upcoming holiday parties!

The Kuntrageous Vegan said...

you really just can't go wrong with that dip. I've made it dozens of times for parties!

Jen Treehugger said...

Ohhhhh THAT dip looks so good.
Rosemary's baby is a GREAT film.
:)

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I love your dip! That sounds like a fun night. We stayed in as well. I was baking and watched The Haunting in Connecticut and Lake Mungo. Lake Mungo was pretty creepy.

Gauri Radha गौरी राधा said...

It all looks very good!!