Monday, July 20, 2009

Black Bean Moroccan Veggie Tacos?



Dinner tonight was really tasty! I cooked up some chopped onions, added a can of black beans and leftover Moroccan veggie stew from the weekend (which consisted of the last bits of sweet potato, carrot, black olives, zucchini and chickpeas), mashed them all together while adding taco seasoning and La Victoria medium taco sauce. I stuffed them into crunchy taco shells, added lettuce, cilantro, tomato, fresh salsa and went to town. The sweetness from the stew added a little something something to the black beans. Yum. I'll probably never get the chance to have this again so I enjoyed three hearty tacos.

5 comments:

veggievixen said...

mmm, moroccan spices are so amazing. these sound delicious, although i prefer soft tacos :)

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Have you ever thought of doing a zine or cookbook with all the ways you transform leftovers into new recipes? These tacos look amazing.

kmouse said...

Mo,
I might do that one day... Just need to get all my recipes and stuff together. Such a daunting task.

Mike K said...

I like the idea of combining Moroccan flavors with tacos - I'm curious about how much Spanish/Moroccan tradition has influenced cooking in Mexico - love how everything is blending together these days :)

Dawn said...

Moroccan.Tacos. I can think of now two words that sound more interesting to me right now. I love how creative you are!