Saturday, February 21, 2009

Detox Week 3, Day 20

Hello weekend! It's a great one because it's the last weekend of my diet and next week I will finally get to eat some of the things that I've been craving. My husband bought me a bag of Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos, hehe...naughty! I'll have those next week as well. Just a little though. I'm not going to be a gluttonous pig or anything. I will have whatever I like in moderation. Other things I will have in moderation: banana chocolate chip cakes, nachos, tacos, vegan beer bread, chocolate rum cake, blueberry buckle, pizza with tofurky sausage and pine nut cheese, vanilla pudding trifle...boy there are a lot of desserts I'm looking forward to!

Today's eat were very nice.


Breakfast: Dandelion Carob Tea (dandelion tea, 1 tsp carob powder, unsweeteened soymilk, 1 tsp brown rice syrup)


A breakfast treat: Instead of eating my usual oatmeal, I'll have my oats in another form! Oat-Corn Waffles (oats, cornmeal, dates, water, olive oil) with sesame seeds. Served with 2 TB maple syrup. I got this recipe from the Country Life Vegetarian cookbook.

Snack #1: 1 tangerine


Lunch: Mediterranean pizza with a sweet potato crust. A Gillian McKeith recipe. Very healthy yet absolutely delicious!


Served with red leaf salad. I ate two slices at lunch.

Snack #2: celery and sunflower paté with a square of date brownie

Dinner will be two more slices of pizza and another salad!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

ooh that link leads to lots of her recipes - awesome!

Anonymous said...

Your breakfast looks awesome. What a smart idea to put all healthy ingredients together!It would be lovely to have a sip of your tea.

veggievixen said...

wow, sweet potato crust....deliciousness.

Dawn said...

Those waffles are perfection.

Lauren said...

That pizza looks sooooo goooood! :) Yummy!

Ruth and Joe Barrett said...

For more information about Dandelion Tea please visit www.dandeliontea.org. Thanks!

JawKnee said...

LOVE your blog. Just went through your whole detox series (I'm juice fasting right now) and I can't wait to try some of the recipes!