Monday, September 28, 2026

Lentil soup

 This recipe was one I came across on threads. It was meant as a glp-1 friendly recipe because each ingredient had specific purpose in fat burning qualities for the body. I liked all the ingredients together so I decided to make it. You basically boil the red lentils with veggie broth, garlic, the spices (cumin and turmeric) , and in my case I added zucchini and onions. They are cooked but not mushy. You add frozen spinach straight from the freezer. Let it wilt for two minutes only and then turn off heat, then you add a glug of olive oil and squeeze of lemon. It was delicious and healthy.





1 comment:

Gina said...

Soup made with a base of red lentils and veg broth (low sodium, meaning homemade), plus spices and various vegetables, has been a fav for a long time. The recipe you made sounds so good, with the spices and veg you added. Going to make this version. Thanks!