Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Chili sin Carne

I made the Chili sin Carne which is a recipe from the Rancho Gordo website. I didn’t have Rancho Gordo beans so I used regular black beans that I cooked in the crockpot first.

The spices I used! I cut back the amount of chili powder because I didn’t want to use up my whole jar. Next time I have bulk spices I will use the 1/3 cup that it needed.

Simmering away with the spices, garlic, olive oil, bean liquid and broth. I wanted it to be very thick.

My crockpot of black beans. I only used half of this for the recipe.


https://www.ranchogordo.com/blogs/recipes/rancho-gordo-chili-sin-carne

1 comment:

Kat E said...

Thanks for this idea, I had some Rancho Gordo red beans and the cookbook so made this with stuff in my pantry. I like the non-tomato based chili. Not sure I liked the mushroom powder in this so thinking of trying with cocoa powder instead as a Mexican style chili. Ever tried a chili with chocolate/cocoa?