Thursday, April 23, 2020

Biscuits and Chickpea sausage gravy.


Hey all! I made biscuits and gravy with a delicious chickpea “sausage” that I made up. I didn’t have any vegan sausage and I thought “What about beans?” so I went with it!

For the chickpeas: sauté onion and red peppers. Add roughly mashed chickpeas and the following: garlic powder, crushed red pepper, Italian herbs, smoked paprika, soy sauce, fennel, black pepper, and salt. Keep cooking on medium heat until browned and semi crispy. 
Meanwhile, make gravy (I got this from Lightlife foods which I can’t find anymore on the website): Heat 2 Tb of margarine until melted on medium heat. Add 2 Tb flour and whisk into the melted margarine. Add 2 cups of plain soymilk slowly and let simmer until thickened. Add black pepper and a touch of Sriracha and add the cooked chickpea mixture. Simmer until thickened. Make biscuits of choice. I made Bisquick biscuits. 




No comments: