Friday, January 23, 2015

Healing Soup & Victoria Sponge.


My friend Maile made a beautiful soup the other day to heal my cold. I tried to re-create it today. It has a lot of turmeric along with chili pepper flakes, paprika, sage, cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper. It has good stuff in it: veggie broth, white beans, potatoes, broccoli, celery, carrots, onions, garlic and little tiny pearl pasta.


A cake was in order today. Even though I've been sick all week, I still have a sweet craving. A victoria sponge is perfection with raspberry jam and buttercream filling.


The buttercream was easy. I just softened about 1/2 cup of Earth Balance margarine and beat in some powdered sugar and vanilla and a drop of soymilk until it got nice and fluffy.


1 comment:

Vic Robinson said...

That soup looks amazing! I need some soup after this blizzard!

http://haymarket8.blogspot.com