Sunday, January 11, 2015

Buffalo Cauliflower and Fruitcake.


I made these on Thursday night and forgot to post about them because they were gone so fast. My husband loved them. I got the recipe here. I substituted Earth Balance for the butter. I also made a homemade ranch dressing for dipping!


Yesterday I made this fruitcake. A little late I know since christmas has passed but I had a whole container of candied fruit that I wanted to use. I used a boiled raisin cake recipe and just added some of the candied fruit. Came out great! I halved this recipe and baked it for about 35-40 minutes.

4 comments:

Amey said...

these both look like great recipes! Thanks for sharing your links. I made a fruitcake for the first time ever this Christmas, and it was pretty good, but I wanted it to look more like yours did! Your's looks totally PERFECT.

kmouse said...

Thanks Amey! I love your blog by the way!

Leguminous said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who bakes fruitcake after Christmas! I never seem to have the time beforehand. Since going vegan, I was on the look-out for a recipe that doesn't use eggs. The boiled raison cake looks like a nice moist base. I plan to give it a whirl!

Kate said...

Buffalo Cauliflower?! What an awesome idea! My family are big snackers, and it'd be nice to have something a bit healthier than hummus and potato chips! If only i'd found this post before the tennis started, I would have saved myself two weeks of bad-snacking ;) I bet this would be great with broccoli too...