Saturday, January 28, 2012

Curried Butternut Squash, Red Lentil and Noodle Soup


I woke early at about 7:30 in the mood to cook something but not really sure what. I dithered about in the kitchen for a few hours, leafing through cookbooks while having my tea and toast. I noticed the butternut squash that had been sitting on my kitchen table for the past week and a half that I decided I was going to use but not sure how. At first I was going to make a raw grated butternut salad but as I was peeling the thing (not fun), my comfort food monster came out and decided to chop it all up and make soup instead. I followed the butternut squash and red lentil soup recipe from 1,000 Vegan Recipes and added cut vermicelli at the end to up the comfort food factor. The ginger, curry powder and cumin flavors are warming and delicious and the noodles make it extra good.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I never would have thought to put noodles in a soup like that - it looks good!

Zoa said...

Oh, yes, comfort food to the max! So good! I'm practically living on stuff like this these days and never get tired of it.

Jes said...

Your soup looks perfectly cozy!