Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Salad Oh Salad.



I have to say, being a vegan I am not a salad person. I like vegetables and leafy greens but I just can't get all excited about salads. In order for me to order salads at restaurants (especially vegan restaurants where I can get any kind of indulgent meat free option), it has to be chock full of enticing stuff with a really good dressing. Tonight I made this salad because my friend Maile at work always brings these amazing kale salads with tofu, nuts, cranberries and other greens. I kind of wanted something similar to that. I raided my fridge and tossed together romaine, arugula, edamame, bell peppers, corn, walnuts, cranberries with a teriyaki-sesame dressing. And to top it all off, I added sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions. Now this is a salad worth getting excited about. I ate it all. :)

No comments: