Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve Nosh.


I am spending NYE in with some good food, records on the turntable, wine and champagne later when the clock strikes midnight. Happy New Year to all of you and I hope 2011 is a healthy and happy year. I didn't want to be fussy tonight and decided to keep it simple with a few nibbles. I flipped through my "Tables of Lebanon" cookbook and picked out 'Chickpeas in Olive Oil', Yogurt Sauce with mint and 'Potatoes with Cilantro' served with roasted broccoli and pita.


Potates with Cilantro or Batata Bi-Kizbara in arabic. This was a very easy recipe where you saute potato cubes in olive oil and toss with sauteed garlic and cilantro. It smells heavenly and tastes even more so.


Simple roasted broccoli that is so much more delicious than you think. Cauliflower would have been even better.


My plate. The chickpeas were simply dressed with olive oil, garlic, lemon and dried mint. For the sauce, I used Wildwood plain unsweetened soy yogurt that I mixed with a touch of Vegenaise and stirred in garlic, salt and dried mint.

6 comments:

Gilding Lilies said...

I looks yummy. Happy New Year Vegan Mouse!

Unknown said...

YUM! Looks good.

Definitely welcoming the new year over there!

Zoa said...

Awesome meal! Happy new year :-)

Anonymous said...

You had delicious NYE's nosh! Wonderful New Year!

JL goes Vegan said...

What a delicious way to ring in the new year! Here's to a wonderful 2011!

Jenn and Jac @ sketch-free eating said...

sweet i love lebanese food such as this! happy new year!