Thursday, December 9, 2010

Self Saucing One Pot Pasta


Hey people, it's almost the weekend. Can't wait to have time to make fancier food than this. This is a perfect weeknight meal because it requires one pot and a few ingredients. You can find the basis for the recipe here. I made the pasta puttanesca version and did a few things different. I left out the anchovy of course and added mushrooms and one can 8oz. tomato sauce. This came out so good and was so easy to do. I can see this working with many different pasta shapes and whatever vegetables you have on hand. I highly recommend this for quick weeknight meals.

6 comments:

Mama said...

This dish actually looks like it could be a lot of fun to play around with, easy clean up too. Thanks for sharing.

Glue and Glitter said...

Oh, man! I need to get some pasta stat and try this out. I wonder if you could do it in a Dutch oven, then top with Daiya and bake to make a decadent, one-dish casserole!

kmouse said...

Becky,
Yes that sounds like a great idea! I think it would work, you just need to stir it halfway while it's cooking.

Vic Robinson said...

looks great!

MeloMeals said...

Yum! I make pasta like this all the time.. it's so good and easy. I usually use brown rice pasta and it gets so starchy and saucy.. love it.

Jewell said...

Nom nom nom