Monday, September 13, 2010

Grilled Vegetable Salad


Sometimes I get really overwhelmed by the amount of veggies I have in my fridge that I usually want to throw them into a stew pot and call it dinner. I forget that simple preparations like grilling can get the job done too. I had one japanese eggplant, a red and green pepper that was nearing it's due date. I cut them into slices, brushed them with olive oil and grilled them until they were soft with charred marks. Then I cut them into bite size pieces and tossed them with a simple dressing of olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Was really easy and delicious!


Served with mashed potatoes and Heinz british baked beans.


For dessert we had root beer floats!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Your root boor float has me drooling. Seriously.

Jenn and Jac @ sketch-free eating said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer and Jaclyn @ sketch-free vegan said...

Ha! Root beer floats! It's been awhile since I've had one of those...What kind of ice cream did you use?

Vic Robinson said...

Yum! Rootbeer floats! I made a grilled salad today as well!

kmouse said...

Jennifer,
I used So Delicious vanilla. :)

Vaala ◪ said...

I agree, your root beer float looks amazing. I've never had one in my life but this picture is making me want to head to the shops to get supplies...and it's freezing here!

The Vegetable Lady said...

The salad looks delicious but how did you keep the sauce from the baked beans from getting it all soggy?