Monday, September 6, 2010

"Full English", Vegan Style.


I've always loved the idea of the full english breakfast. Before I was vegan, I had one once in London. It had bacon, eggs, sausage, grilled tomato, mushrooms, beans and toast. I think there were potatoes or "bubble and squeak" too, I don't remember. Now that I don't eat meat or eggs, I have to improvise. Mine has scrambled tofu with onions, sauteed mushrooms, heinz beans (a british product), LightLife brand vegan sausage patties with some HP sauce on the side and tomatoes. I'm missing the bacon aspect because I really didn't want to add another protein to my dish! It was way too much food as it was!


Also included, hot ceylon tea and white toast with Earth Balance and apricot jam. This was a nice treat on my patio on this fine Labor Day holiday.

5 comments:

Jennifer and Jaclyn said...

This is so cool and creative! It actually looks like a greasy spoon breakfast! SO cool

Love said...

I wouldn't say no to that plate! Tofu scramble + baked beans is the best.

DJ Karma (VegSpinz) said...

I was just looking online at pictures of "full English breakfast!" Looks really good!

Rose said...

Totally looks like a fry up, vegan style. yum.

Jen Treehugger said...

A full vegan English breakfast ROCKS! That looks like one plate of HELL YEAH!