Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Granola: Breakfast of Champions.


Granola is a great breakfast to get you going in the morning. I was inspired by my friend's granola picture on her Facebook page and I knew I had to make some right away. Mine has rolled oats, ground flax seeds, sunflower seeds, slivered almonds, walnut pieces, pumpkin seeds, coconut, raisins, sultanas, cranberries, cinnamon, a "touch" of sunflower oil and sweeteened with date syrup.


And it all fit into the new jar I bought from Ikea! Can't wait for breakfast tomorrow. Going to have this with hemp milk, mmm...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love granola! Once I made my own and realized how easy/inexpensive it is, I vowed never to buy it again. Homemade tastes better anyway.

Jennifer and Jaclyn said...

Looks good and toasty! I cant make granola any more because I end up eating the whole pan in a matter of days :P

Anonymous said...

Is that muesli? It looks like my husband´s muesli breakfast. It looks delicious!

kmouse said...

Ninja,
No it's not meusli. Meusli is uncooked oats mixed with dried fruits, nuts etc. Granola is actually cooked and toasted in the oven.

kmouse said...

Sorry that should have been spelled "muesli"! :)

Anonymous said...

^^ mmmm sounds yummy! I have to cook this recipe in my house. Thank you!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

That granola looks awesome, Kim!