Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Late night soup makin'.


I had an urge to use up the rest of the heirloom tomatoes that I got today. They were all very ripe and I knew I had to use them up quickly. I decided to roast them for soup.


Here they are halved with garlic, basil and a generous drizzling of olive oil ready for the oven.


Forgot to get a pic of them when they came out of the oven in all their roasted glory but here is the finished soup. After roasting, I transferred it all to my blender, pureed it and pressed the mixture through a sieve over my soup pot. I then added a little dried basil, a splash of balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. It's so sweet and delicious!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum, that looks beautiful! i made one quite similar to yours for a catering gig once, but roasted a few peppers, too. they add a nice dimension. take care!!

The Kuntrageous Vegan said...

those tomatoes look amazing. I love heirlooms!

MissAlyssaDawn said...

i love tomatoes, they are glorious. that soups looks amazing

Anonymous said...

The photo of the tomatoes before being roasted is beautiful!

Rawk Star said...

Looks delicious! I'm a 75% raw vegan but will be filling up my other 25% with some of your recipes!!

Holly
www.rawkstarlivingfoods.blogspot.com