Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Last night's dinner and today's food haul.


Oh wow this huge salad was amazing after eating days of Thanksgiving leftovers. 
Chopped iceberg lettuce (I miss you Romaine!), baby spinach, Persian cucumbers, red peppers, red cabbage, green onions. Dressing: 3 Tb tahini, juice from a whole lemon, a handful of cilantro, garlic powder, Trader Joes 21 Seasoning Salute, a few drops Bragg liquid aminos, 1/2 tsp curry powder, a pinch of cayenne and a bit of water in order to blend into a creamy dressing. After tossing, I sprinkled with sunflower seeds, vegan parmesan (almond, miso, nutritional yeast) and salt and pepper. (Next time I'll skip the salt!) 


My food haul today: 
Veggies - broccoli, cabbage, iceberg lettuce, 2 bags spinach, green onion, Persian cucumbers, zucchini, 2 bunches of cilantro, sweet potatoes, sundried tomatoes 
Fruit: avocados, mangos, Opal apples, 2 bunches bananas, dates, canned pineapple
Other stuff: tahini, fresh chips and salsa.
I paid $64. The tahini and dates were the most expensive ($8 and $9 respectively)
I realize I didn't get any red fruits or veggies.😮 




No comments: