Saturday, January 29, 2011

Baked Tofu Sandwich, TVP Indian Curry and Banana Split Tea Bread


I made this sandwich last week using delicious baked tofu. Toast some whole grain bread, throw on some Vegenaise, lettuce, tomato and you've got a great lunch. Soy or tempeh bacon and avocado would be great additions as well.


Experimented with TVP chunks again to make this simple indian curry with kale and potatoes. It was so good on jasmine rice. I don't use TVP often so this was a nice treat.


This is the banana split tea bread recipe from Vegan Planet. It's so colorful and has bananas, walnuts, chocolate chips, cherries and coconut (my addition). It baked up beautiful but because of my wonky oven, it was a little underdone even though I checked it with a toothpick and it came out clean! WTH?


Thankfully the underdone bits are more "mushy banana" tasting rather than "uncooked batter" tasting.

10 comments:

Amanda said...

I always keep some baked tofu in my fridge for making sandwiches! So good! What are your favorite marinade recipes?

kmouse said...

I like to use: olive oil, dijon, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic and cracked black pepper. Sometimes I add some miso and crushed chili flakes.

lindserina said...

i haven't baked tofu in a looong time...never could get the flavor right. but i think now i'll have to try your way! yum! :)

crunchyveganwifelife said...

Everything looks tasty to me. Bummer on the slightly underdone bread. But I bet it was tasty!!!!
Viv~

Ash said...

Love your blog Kim!

Anonymous said...

I always intend on having leftover baked tofu for sandwiches but ends up gone the first night. Next time I gotta make double cos yours looks delicious.

crunchyveganwifelife said...

Hello again, I left you something at my blog! I hope you like it!
Viv~

Anonymous said...

you haven't posted in a bit. Hope you're doing well.

Gauri Radha गौरी राधा said...

What a delicious looking sandwich :)

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Drool. That bread looks good even if it is underdone!