Sunday, November 28, 2010

VeganMoFo: Veggie Lasagna and German Chocolate Cake




I don't make lasagnas often. I usually save them for either a special occasion, holiday or when I'm really craving one. I was really craving one today so I made this lovely thing this morning. It's got cashew ricotta, broccoli, spinach and mushrooms. I also sprinkled almond/miso/nutritional yeast mixture on top. It was perfect.


I had two pieces already!


Today is husband's birthday and he requested german chocolate cake. I've used this recipe before. Comes out moist and delicious every time. I can eat the coconut/pecan topping on it's own it's so good.


Recipe here.

9 comments:

Megan said...

Both of those look incredible. Yums.

Jackie Smith said...

Mmm, those together look like a perfect birthday dinner.

Ty (aka Meccabell) said...

That cake looks so good. Before I learned that I was allergic to most tree nuts (I can consume some, but I have to be careful), I used to love my mom's omni German Chocolate cake, looking at your picture, I can almost taste it. Wow. The Lasagna looks great as well.

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Yummy!

Gilding Lilies said...

These are two of my favorite things, and boy, do they look good! I want!
I wanted to stop by and say hi to a fellow MoFo'er. I'm going to be sad to se the month come to an end. I'm so glad I discovered you.
Best wishes.

Heidi said...

Mmmmm, lasagna. I'm trying out a new lasagna recipe today. Still haven't found the one, but I'm a newbie-vegan and I'm sure I'll "hit it" eventually.

Thanks for the link to the cake recipe. Looks amazing!!

MeShell said...

Oh what a heavenly dinner. Lasagna looks beautiful.

Gauri Radha गौरी राधा said...

Very appetizing stuffs!!

lea said...

That frosting looks amazing! I may have to make it this weekend- Yum!