Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Two-Bean Chili with Bulgur


Got this recipe from a cookbook that my husband got me for x-mas last year which I haven't had the chance to use yet. It's called "366 Delicious Ways to Cook Rice, Beans and Grains". Considering it's got a whole section on beans, there were no more than 2 or 3 chili recipes. This one looked interesting to me because of the use of bulgur for thickness and texture. I've never tried that before so this was a first. I think I like this much better than using soy ground crumbles. I tried a little bit for lunch and it was deliciously hearty and spicy. Will be having again for dinner which will go very well with "buttered" whole wheat flour tortillas.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

How neat! I love the idea of adding bulgur!

Oraphan said...

Wow! This chili looks and sounds so delicious! I've never tried bulgur before, it sounds so good.