Monday, April 13, 2009

Sephardic Red Lentil Soup (with Kale)



Oh my this soup is good! It is so rich in flavor; it's earthy, tangy and just tasty! It's the Sephardic red lentil soup recipe from the coobook "Olive Trees and Honey" which happens to be one of my favorite vegetarian cookbooks. Seriously, go buy it right now. I made a big pot of this soup which is flavored with garlic, onions, cumin, olive oil and lemon juice. Soooo good. I served some to my dad who ate it over rice (he eats everything over rice, even pasta!) and he loved it. I'll be happy to eat this soup all week. I added chopped kale at the end which gave the soup some texture as well as giving a little color.

3 comments:

Oraphan said...

What a good looking soup! It sounds so good that you put Kale in your soup. I love Kale.

Erica said...

I just picked up this cookbook at the library to make this dish based on your review and my overabundance of red lentils in my pantry!

kmouse said...

Erica,
Glad you did. That book is wonderful, definitely one of my favorites. I'm sure you'll love the soup as well!