Sunday, February 15, 2009

Detox Week 2, Day 14

So...my husband has quit the diet and is now back to his regular foods. He ordered a sausage pizza yesterday. :( I'm a little disappointed but it's not my place to force him to do anything. He did it for almost two weeks and it was enough for him. He said the raw salads and vegetables were giving him heartburn. So, it's just me now ready to finish off the last week of healthy eating. I have to say that I'm starting to really crave white bread and coffee like crazy. I made a gluten free butternut oat bread today that bombed big time. I'm not even going to post a picture. It was very sad. So no bread for me today. But other than that, things are good. I've lost about 3-4 pounds which is nice! If I can stay on track with my workouts this week, I can probably lose another pound or two.

Today's eats:


Breakfast: Banana, date, mango, tangelo and strawberry soymilk smoothie.


Lunch: Chopped salad with spinach, green leaf, rocket, cucumber, red peppers, onion and walnuts. Drizzled with goddess dressing.

Snacks: Veggie crudités and white bean dip, sprouted grain chips, a pear and three 1" pieces of carob date brownies.


Dinner: Aduki Bean Stew (from You Are What You Eat cookbook) on top of cauliflower mash.


After dinner tea.

12 comments:

Sarah said...

yummy as always!!

have you read victoria boutenko's green for life? i'm reading it now and she talks about how the greens need to be broken down, especially for some people. but good for hubby doing 2 weeks! mine wouldn't do a day like that.

fisho said...

2 weeks! you are amazing. it's too bad you have to finish the last week by yourself, but it's pretty cool that your husband did 2/3 of it with you. especially if he's not a vegan to begin with. it's effing hard to eat so much fruit and veg! thanks for inspiring me to keep up the healthy eating, even though too much beer last week screwed things up a little bit. there is nothing more satisfying than a bag of doritos when you're hungover.

veggievixen said...

you can do it!!

kmouse said...

sarah,
I haven't read that book but it's on my amazon wishlist!

fisho,
It is hard to eat so many veggies. Sometimes I had to force myself to eat salads.

veggievixen,
Thanks and I will!

Sarah E. Hoffman said...

world's best cup!

Unknown said...

That's very good! I take my invisible hat off to you for being able to withstand sugar for well over a week! I haven't tried one day yet... Ah... One day, I will. Right now, I am working on having more vegan days. I notice that the less milk/eggs that I have, the more I learn that I hate the taste when having it... I wonder, is that what it is like when you have sugar/flour?

Jen Treehugger said...

Will you be preparing your hubby' separate meals?
It can be hard preparing two lots of dinners - I do it quite frequently as I'm trying to lose weight but Mr treehugger still wants his stick to the ribs winter stodge (roll on summer where he'll be begging for salads with glee)

kmouse said...

Shannon,
I would feel the same as you. If I were to have milk or eggs again I think I would feel yucky. But it's not the same for sugar and flour. Those things are fantastic and I can't wait to have them again in about a week!

kmouse said...

Jeni,
Well, hubby doesn't mind cooking for himself. If he wants to eat what I make, he will. Otherwise he's on his own!

Jackie Smith said...

What did you think of the aduki bean stew? Would you change anything? I was eyeing that recipe this morning.

kmouse said...

jackie smith,
I liked the aduki bean stew. I added miso paste to it because I felt it needed more flavor. I also used sweet potatoes instead of butternut squash which was nice.

Jackie Smith said...

Thanks, kmouse, I think I'll make the stew for my lunches this week.