Friday, September 12, 2008

Super Moist Easy Cakes



I totally need to be baking more as these pictures are quite old but I just wanted to share with you how well baked goods can turn out without the use of dairy or eggs. This delicious date cake is super duper easy and so so moist! It only requires 6 ingredients: dates, sugar, milk (in my case I substituted soymilk), flour, oil and baking soda. You can add nuts if you're feeling adventurous. The recipe requires you to soak the dates in milk: don't do that. I just blended them in the blender with the milk and sugar. Then I continue with the recipe as written. Recipe is here. You should try it, I guarantee you will love it. This cake goes well with tea or coffee. And if you feel like it, you can frost it with a vanilla buttercream frosting.



If you're not a date person or if you're in the mood for chocolate instead, let me direct you to this fool-proof chocolate cake recipe. If you feel like making spicy chocolate cake try this "mexican chocolate cake" recipe. This recipe requires the use of cinnamon and cayenne pepper. A word of warning: a little cayenne goes a long way. I like to cut it down to 1/4 tsp instead of 3/4 tsp!
Happy Baking!

No comments: