Friday, January 1, 2016

New Years Eve dinner.


I bought a small 1 lb. Field Roast for my main. I think I like Tofurky Roasts better. Field Roast taste too similar to the sausages. I do like the sausages though.


My attempt at Delia Smith Yorkshire puds! I need to work on them more as far as the look. They need to rise and puff more. I think it was either the kind of pan (muffin) or the fat wasn't heated hot enough. Next time I'll make it right! But the taste was divine. They are really good.


My plate. Served with mash, gravy and green beans.


Festive wine with dinner.


Saw a recipe online for pudding brownies which looked more like a cake so I tried it out with these ingredients. You only need 2 cups of non dairy milk which you whisk with the pudding mix until smooth. Then you add the cake mix to it and stir it up until smooth and bake for 30 minutes in a 350 F oven.


Et voila! Worked a treat. It was nice and tender. I wish the chocolate chips would have melted more.


So so so good! I was so surprised how well it turned out. It is like eating pudding flavored cake. So tender and spongy. Served with Coco Whip of course!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

what gravy recipe do you use?

kmouse said...

Here you go!


Orange Herb Gravy

2 cups vegetable broth
1 TB soy sauce (or more)
1/2 tsp fresh parsley, minced
1/2 tsp fresh snipped rosemary
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp pepper
2 TB cornstarch mixed with 2 TB water
2 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
2 TB (or more) frozen orange juice concentrate (like Minute Maid etc..)
2 TB Earth Balance * (new addition)
1 tsp miso paste * (new addition and optional)

Bring the veggie broth to a boil in a medium pot or skillet. Add the soy sauce and herbs. Reduce heat to simmer, then add the cornstarch/water mixture, stirring or whisking constantly to thicken. Allow to simmer for a few minutes until thick. Then add nutritional yeast and orange juice concentrate and stir until the concentrate melts. You may add more if you want a tangier, citrusy flavor. *Add the Earth Balance and miso and stir until both are dissolved into the gravy. Simmer a little longer until gravy is hot. Season with more salt or soy sauce if desired.

Beverlee said...

Yum! Everything looks delish. Love how you share great ideas & thanks for your gravy recipe! I was curious about what went into it.

vegan.in.brighton said...

The Tofurky roast is my fave too! I love that you made Yorkies too, so delish'!