Sunday, July 5, 2026

Chinese eggplant with garlic sauce

 I made this for lunch. It was delicious! Recipe from Here







4 comments:

Gina said...

The last pic, the collection of bottles, is a beautiful, modern "still life" photo; need a watercolor painting of the culinary bottles we cooks use. re This dish: Love eggplant, and love these flavors. I visit Woks of Life often; love their site. Thanks for sending me to this recipe.

Anonymous said...

It was delicious! I hope you make it soon!

Anonymous said...

I like the watercolor idea too!

Gina said...

Wasn't sure where to post this, but as there's eggplant here...made a delicious recipe this week from The Mediterranean Vegan cookbook (on your list of cookbooks, it was the first vegan cookbook I ever bought--and it lived with us in Cambodia, France and Senegal; have a back-up copy as the original has seen better days, but still one of my fav cookbooks). Thanks for your sidebar list of your cookbooks; great reference feature, and love how eclectic your collection is. From The Mediterranean Vegan, I made the Provençal Tian of Chickpeas, Eggplant, Tomatoes and Olives, page 164. Great recipe. I had beautiful eggplants in my weekly CSA box to use up. Will also try the Eggplant Croquettes on page 165.