Saturday, September 14, 2024

Palestinian Kefte Bi Tahini casserole.





 I riffed on the Kefte Bi Tahini recipe from Yazmin Khan’s Palestinian cookbook Zaitoun. I was meaning to make meatballs using vegan @beyondmeat but it was frozen and I had to defrost in the microwave. I accidentally left it in too long so the vegan meat overcooked so I was not able to shape them into the patties. So what I ended up doing was cooking the crumbled vegan meat with onions and the spices as in the recipe and assembled the casserole like so: potatoes on the bottom layer, cooked meat next, and veggies which were my addition (slices of Mexican squash, red bell pepper, and onions) and then topped it with a little bit of the tahini sauce. After baking for half an hour in a 350 oven it came out really delicious. I topped it with more tahini sauce before serving. I really think the flavors are wonderful. Next time I will make it the right way. But this was delicious and so tasty.



No comments: