Friday, May 17, 2024

Some food photos and recipes.

 I found these on my phone and remembered the recipes. All delicious. 





Above: 1995 burgers

1995 burger. I slightly adapted the recipe. I substituted a whole can of chickpeas for the black beans, all purpose flour for the soy flour and used way less bulgur, maybe 1 cup (after rehydrating in hot water). I had no mushrooms so added a bit of mushroom powder seasoning that I got from Trader Joe’s. Also added panko breadcrumbs. Cooked in pan with olive oil. Sooo good!



Above: Burgers made out of rice pilaf, squash and chickpeas served with Georgian walnut sauce, ajvar and slaw.



Olive cheese bread (my friend’s recipe that I veganized. Also I made a half recipe.)


1 can black olives, drained and rinsed

6 oz can green olives, drained and rinsed 

2 green onions

4 oz. vegan butter softened 

1/2 cup mayo

1 bag Daiya mozzarella cheese

Sprinkle of dried basil and pinch of crushed red pepper.

1 loaf French bread


Chop and combine ingredients. Cut loaf in half lengthwise and spread mixture evenly on each half. Bake at 325F for 20-25 minutes. You can stick it under the broiler for an extra few minutes to brown the tops if you want.


No comments: