Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Banza pasta, Banana muffins and Burrito.

I tried out the Banza pasta yesterday and made this Mac and cheese (Veg News recipe) and I undercooked the pasta! I boiled it for 13 minutes like the package said and I think it had way too much bite. I ended up microwaving the pasta with sauce for a few more minutes and it the texture was much better. So next time, boil the pasta longer!

These delicious muffins are the banana muffins from Mary McCartney’s Food cookbook. I veganized them by using Earth Balance margarine instead of butter, a flax egg for the egg (2 TB ground flax seed and 6 TB warm water), instead of sour cream I experimented with 1/2 cup of soymilk and mixed it with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of margarine. Once I mixed up the batter I added a little more soymilk because it was a little thick. Worked great and the muffins are good!

Dinner: burritos with cashew potato cheese, black beans and corn, Mexican rice, avocado and hot sauce. Very yummy and filling.

1 comment:

Jenna H. said...

Yum - these all look so good!!!! I am such a huge burrito fan :) Thanks for sharing!
-Jenna ♥
Stay in touch? The Chic Cupcake