Sunday, February 18, 2018

The Impossible Burger.

So Fatburger in Marina del Rey is trialing The Impossible Burger! I picked one up yesterday when I was in the area. I got mine without mayo. It has lettuce, onion, tomato and relish in it. I added ketchup.



So what's the verdict, you ask? Well, yes, it's very meat like and I admit I was freaked out a bit and kept staring closely at it to make sure it wasn't real beef. The taste and texture were spot on, but it wasn't very juicy and did not ooze "blood" like some claims. I believe my burger was a bit over cooked which caused it to dry out a little. But overall, very satisfying and an awesome option to have at Fatburger. 

And to answer another question that gets thrown at vegans all the time: "Why would you want to eat something that tastes/looks like meat?" 

I was a meat eater for most of my life and I loved the taste, especially when it was BBQ'ed or grilled. I didn't give up meat because of the taste. I gave it up because I love animals and I no longer view them as a food source. So bring on the faux meats!

Oh and I forgot to tell you last weekend, Baby Hank is 1! Whaaaat!????
Look at this guy!



5 comments:

Hillary said...

That burger looks so real! I'm actually scared to try it because i don't want to eat anything that's oozing blood! Maybe I need to try an overcooked burger!
Little Hank is such a beautiful boy! Give him a birthday hug for me!!!

Bethany said...

Aww, Happy Birthday to Hank! My baby boy is turning 9 on Tuesday...man, time flies! Keep on enjoying and loving your little guy, these years go by so fast even though it doesn't feel like it when you're actually living it. Best wishes!

Beverlee said...

Happy Birthday, Hank Bowie!

Unknown said...

Henry is a cutie! LOVE that smile!

kmouse said...

Thank you guys!!!! ♥️♥️♥️♥️