Saturday, May 28, 2016

Weekend is here.


Arugula pesto that I whipped up with 1/2 a bag of arugula, walnuts, garlic, olive oil and a touch of lemon and salt.


Quick pan grilled portobellos and veggies.


Vegenaise and pesto on both sides of the delicious French bread.


Stackin it up.


Amazing. The lettuce was a fresh compliment to the juicy Portobello, flavorful veggies and oily pesto.


Yum.


Snack time: homemade hummus and pita.



Dashed over to the local Indian market for some imported yummies for the weekend! 

3 comments:

Beverlee said...

Yum! Those are restaurant-quality food photos. That bread on the sandwich looks all toasty and delicious and I'll bet the hummus was so smooth with a tangy lemony zip. I'm so hungry right now....

kmouse said...

Thanks!!! I enjoy cooking on the weekends.

Claudia said...

Your arugula pesto looks so nice! Do you add basil or anything else? I tried it once to make it at home purely from arugula (with nooch, lemon and cashews) and it tasted so grassy that I could hardly eat it.