Saturday, August 2, 2014

"Life Changing Loaf of Bread".

This "bread" recipe has been going around the internet and has been blogged about many times by foodies like myself. I wanted to try it because I'm a fan of dense breads full of fiber. I buy Mestemacher german breads often and I love them. This one is not really like Mestemacher because there is no rye. It is loaded with different nuts and seeds which creates a crunchy texture. It is very dense and very flavorful. My loaf was made with flax seeds, chia, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds and roasted hazelnuts, psyllium husk and oats. It is lightly sweetened with agave and rich with coconut oil. Find the recipe here! Pictures of my loaf below.


As you can see, the loaf came out beautifully browned and golden.


I cut them into slices and topped it with Trader Joe's eggplant hummus, arugula and tomato bruschetta salad. Delicious!


I pre-sliced some and will save for later!

No comments: