Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chickpea-Dal Fritters!


Here's another re-vamp idea. Take about a cup of last night's leftover dal, drain it of all the liquid, add it to a bowl of mashed chickpeas (1 can's worth), a handful of chickpea flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 2 TB regular flour, garlic powder, onion powder, coriander and cumin. Shape into little patties and fry in canola oil. YUM! I usually hate to fry so when I do, I make sure it's going to be worth it. These were worth it! It's like falafel and you know how much I loooooooove falafel!


Delicious in wrap with tahini sauce.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Sounds like a great spin on falafel! I'm with you...I don't fry often so when I do it had better be something DELICIOUS!

Chocolate Coated Runner said...

That falafel looks delish!!!

Indu said...

Oh yummmm!! Have you had Vadas? You will love them!!!

Anonymous said...

what a creative way to use up leftovers! looks delicious!

Vic Robinson said...

mail.me.those.now. :)

Nigel Braddock said...

Looks delish - you could add fresh coriander to those chickpea/dal fritters and serve with a good soy yoghurt.