Saturday, May 15, 2010

Weekend Cooking: Bruschetta, Dijon Potato Salad and Lake Cuomo Pasta


We're going to be enjoying a picnic al fresco later on this evening so I got some fresh baguettes and made this beautiful bruschetta with cherry tomatoes, roasted red peppers and fresh basil.


And what's a picnic without potato salad? I made this dijon potato salad that has dill, capers, pickles and pepperoncini in a dijon/olive oil/lemon/vegenaise based dressing.


Say hello to my cute 2.5 qt. dutch oven! I picked up this baby at Cost Plus World Market last night for a good deal and was very eager to make something in it! I decided on this Lake Cuomo Pasta recipe but halved it and instead of ricotta cheese I made a mixture of crumbled tofu mixed with italian herbs, garlic, red pepper flakes and a touch of miso paste.


So I layered everything in there: pasta, juice from tomatoes plus water, olive oil, salt/pepper, tomatoes/basil, veggies, tofu ricotta and more veggies. It went into the oven for an hour.


And out of the oven! A half recipe really makes a small batch so next time I should add a little more of everything.


I mixed the pasta before serving to get all the ingredients to blend together.


Ta da! This was so good. It was kind of like lasagna, creamy and rich. I loved it! Can't wait to make more!

2 comments:

DJ Karma (VegSpinz) said...

That looks like a great picnic! The potato salad...oooh!

Anonymous said...

Does the pasta get cooked before assembling the dish?
Or will it cook in the oven?