Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pita Sandwich, Nectarine Cake and more Lake Cuomo Pasta


Made this simple sandwich for lunch today of which I could only eat half. Hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and pickled turnips in a whole wheat pita.


We got fresh nectarines from my uncle's backyard so I made this nectarine cake. I just used a basic vanilla cake recipe and added about a cup of chopped nectarines to the batter. I also used spelt instead of all purpose flour.


I so enjoyed the Lake Cuomo pasta I made yesterday that I made it again, this time making the full recipe.


I used broccoli instead of zucchini this time. This will be lunch for most of the week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, that pasta looks AMAZING!

Vic Robinson said...

Nectarine cake?!?!?! Oh my!

Jen Treehugger said...

That nectarine cake has just made me droooooool!
YUMMAH!

Unknown said...

I LOVE using pita pockets! Thanks for giving me a new idea to try!