Monday, October 6, 2008

Vegan MoFo: Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies and Cardamom Coffee





Fall is here and pumpkins are to be seen everywhere. I have not yet shopped for any pumpkins to cook with but I did have some canned pure pumpkin that I wanted to make a dessert with. I found this cookie recipe at the PPK. I had all of the ingredients (except walnuts and raisins) so I decided to spend my solitary Sunday (husband was at a friend's watching football) baking these delicious treats. Wow, the smells coming out of the oven were heavenly. It reminded me that Halloween and Thanksgiving are just around the corner. Yay!

I enjoyed my soft and tender cookies with a very aromatic cardamom flavored coffee by Cafe Najjar. I bought this coffee from lebanesefoodmarket.com. They have a great assortment of lebanese groceries and cookware. I bought a Ma'amoul mold there too which I haven't used yet. (To be seen in a future blog post!) I love this coffee. It's fairly strong and has a gorgeous cardamom fragrance and flavor. If you don't want to buy this, you can probably put a few teaspoons of cardamom into the coffee filter along with your regular ground coffee to give it flavor. I've done that with cinnamon before and it worked well so I can't imagine why cardamom wouldn't. In any case, coffee and cookies are a great combo no matter what flavors they are!

7 comments:

Cody said...

Yummy. Coffee and cookies sound like a great way to spend some solitary time.

Anonymous said...

Yum, cookies!
Yes, it is definitely possible to make this coffee yourself. Usually I grind up 2 pods of cardamom with my coffee beans. It's really good!

JohnP said...

So nice, and I love Cafe Najjar's cardamom coffee!

Leslie Richman said...

Oh my gosh that sounds great. The coffee especially!!

Sheree' said...

Hopefully it will cook down and I can enjoy those cookies with some delicious hot chocolate.

Anonymous said...

I just made these cookies and we loved them!! I didn't realize it was a vegan recipe until I noticed it had no eggs, ha ha!! Thanks for sharing we really enjoyed them.

Hashems said...

Really very yummy..love it
Baklava