Sunday, January 5, 2014

Masoor Dal & Vanilla Tapioca Pudding!


I made a pot of red lentil dal today from The Flavors of India cookbook. I love all the wonderful flavors in this: cumin, mustard seed, ginger, turmeric and chile. I had a bowl for lunch with a hot buttered flour tortilla.


And check this out! I made tapioca pudding! I used to love tapioca pudding so much as a little girl and my mom used to buy those little packs of Swiss Miss puddings. Then I upgraded to Kozy Shack haha. I thought I would never taste tapioca again after going vegan but I found a super simple recipe here. I can't believe how easy it is. I served it with a generous topping of soy whip! It's so creamy and just like I remember.

3 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

I really want a hot buttered tortilla now!

foodfeud said...

Wow I am excited about that tapioca. I used to love it too!
The Dal also sounds delicious. Lots of comfort foods :)

Unknown said...

I'm delighted you like my Vegan Tapioca Recipe! It's one of my favorite desserts. I added some leftover chocolate from dipping pears and made a chocolate version. Ooohlala! Thanks for the link to ChezBettay.com