Saturday, January 11, 2014

Flatbread sandwich, White bean ketchup curry and Mushroom rice.


My inspirations today are from my two current favorite cookbooks: Mary McCartney's FOOD and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's River Cottage Veg. The above sandwich I had at lunch is Mary's "hummus, avocado and chili jam sandwich" on a whole wheat flatbread instead of toasted whole grain. Very messy and very delicious.


Dinner was the ketchup curry from Hugh's book. He uses chickpeas but I was all out so I subbed white beans. It was a super easy 10 minute recipe that uses ketchup instead of tomatoes. Loved it. On the side, more flatbread and one-pot mushroom rice from Mary's book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear friends, Brahmakumaris are vegetarian... and emphasize the importance of keeping thoughts pure... when preparing food... they either enhance or

decrease the vibes of what we eat...thus affecting our health... vegetarian lifestyle is also more conducive to achieving total peace of mind.
There is Brahmakumaris meditation...that relaxes the mind...nurtures a healthy balance between inner and outer worlds...recharge... rejuvenate the inner-self... From Gita

Anonymous said...

Hi Kmouse, Have I ever told you how much I love you? If not it is long overdue! You whip up the most delicious looking vegan food all from taking a recipe and then modify it with what you have on hand and it looks so scrumptious! You also have such eclectic taste I want to try everything you make! I would love to see you on a vegan episode of Chopped on food network. You would probably win!