Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Taco Night.


This is what happened when I was desperately hungry while staring at the food in my pantry. Grabbed a can each of black beans, diced tomatoes and a bottle of Tapatio. Combined those ingredients with tofu and potatoes and they made the perfect taco filling.

Recipe Black Bean, Potato and Tofu Taco Filling

2 TB olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 clove garlic, minced
1/2 block of firm tofu, cubed
1 can black beans, drained
1 can diced tomatoes
2 large potatoes cooked in the microwave until soft, cubed
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
Saute onion, garlic in olive oil. Add tofu and cook for a few minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer until heated through. Season with salt, pepper and more spices if you prefer.

2 comments:

Kale Crusaders said...

Wow! You put together a super impressive dinner with pantry staples!

Paula said...

Yum! I love your food! This inspired me to make a version of my own tonight for dinner. I made refried beans with a can of pinto beans. I sauteed diced, pressed tofu with taco seasonings. My tacos consisted of corn tortillas, refried beans, tofu, salsa, and guacamole.