Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Raw Red Pepper Soup



Since I've been doing soups for the week, I figured it was about time to make a raw soup. I got this idea from a friend at work. We got some beautiful organic red bell peppers that we weren't using so we brought them home. I wanted to use them up before they spoiled so I whipped up this raw soup in my blender this morning. It's very flavorful and sweet from the peppers with a spicy kick from the jalapeno!

Raw Red Pepper Soup

2 large red bell peppers, chopped
4 ribs celery, sliced
1 or 2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews
2 tsp. red miso paste
2 TB chopped jalapeno (or more if you are so inclined)
2 TB olive oil
2 cups water
freshly cracked black pepper to taste

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed for a few minutes until completely smooth. You may top this soup with a raw salsa, avocado or fresh corn kernels for texture.

7 comments:

marciferous said...

Looks beautiful -- Did it taste as good as it looks?

kmouse said...

marciferous,
Yes it did! I chopped up some fresh tomato, onion, cilantro and avocado and added it to the soup. Delicious.

veggievixen said...

yummmm!! i love all the ingredients you put into it. it's almost like a red pepper gazpacho.

Oraphan said...

What a beautiful soup! It sounds really delicious. I have to make this soup one day.

Jen Treehugger said...

OMG! That looks soooo good.

I Am Gluten Free said...

Thank you! I made this after reading your blogpost and it is delicious. I made a couple of edits - didn't have red miso paste so I used sweet brown miso. I also added a small dollop of adobo sauce (making it not completely raw)- I suppose I could've added some cayenne pepper or hot bottled sauce - I just wanted to give it some more zing. Anyway, it was fab and I'm adding it to my regular rotation and will be blogging about it soon. Again, thanks!

Ellen
www.Iamglutenfree.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow--This is really tasty -- didn't have red miso so I used chickpea miso -- THANKS FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL & SIMPLE SOUP!!!