Sunday, April 5, 2009

Back on Track...

The month of March was really stressful for me with business slowing down and job hunting that I didn't stick with the healthy eating that I wanted to continue from my diet in February. I know for a fact I ate way too many potato chips, packaged cookies, lots of bread and not enough fresh vegetables and salads. I felt it in my body too. I felt sluggish, heavy and just not good at all. I'd like to get back on track to feeling good again. So back to fresh green smoothies in the morning, maybe some oatmeal and fruit, soup and salads for lunch and healthy dinners. I made a big batch of "Super Green Kale Soup" from Gillian McKeith's You Are What You Eat cookbook. I absolutely loved the soup when I was on her diet that I was more than happy to make it again.


I floated a dehydrated cheesy kale chip on top for decoration. The kale chips were from a batch that I brought home from work because they were less than perfect for packaging. (I work part time as a kitchen assistant at Rawk n Roll Cuisine) And sorry, I can not give out any recipes for the products we make there!


This was my dinner. A giant salad of green leaf, romaine, cabbage, tomato, mandarins and unsalted walnuts drizzled with sesame miso dressing (You Are What You Eat cookbook). It was filling and delicious. I'm feeling better already!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Oh my goodness, that salad is beautiful!

Oraphan said...

Good for you, Kim! That salad looks lovely. Thanks for the inspiration! I started my blog today: http://myveggiefood.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry March was so stressful for you, I hope things get better from here. I am sure the healthy food will help you feel better.

(By the way, your salad looks so good that I think I need to make a big salad like that for dinner)

aTxVegn said...

You're off to a great start - the soup and salad look really healthy and delicious.