Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Vegetable Paella



Ooh, doesn't this look so appetizing? I was stumped as to what I wanted to cook tonight because I didn't have that many fresh vegetables in my fridge. After a quick perusal through The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen cookbook, I came across the paella recipe that I could use as a base for the ingredients I had on hand. I had some basmati rice, one medium japanese eggplant, one tiny white squash, one large carrot, a bag of frozen fordhook lima beans, a bag of frozen corn and one can of stewed tomatoes. Even with these limited ingredients, it turned out so beautiful looking. And the taste is so nice, so creamy. This one's a keeper!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm going to have to make this one!! i've only had paella once, in barcelona, and i'm pretty sure it had chicken stock in it. so this recipe should be perfect, delicious, and not make me sick. :)