Monday, January 14, 2019

Moussaka!

My second time making the moussaka from Veganomicon. I used zucchini, and potato for the sliced vegetables and in the sauce, I used red and green bell pepper, celery, red and yellow onion, mushrooms AND I revamped the lentil Bolognese I made the other day! Threw it in here along with another can of tomato sauce and seasoned with oregano and cinnamon like in the book. The cream is made from 70% cashew and 30% tofu. Came out delicious and so flavorful!

Henri loves it!


2 comments:

Hillary said...

That looks so amazing! I attempted a potato lasagna I saw on Bosh T.V. that was kind of like a Moussaka minus the cream. It was a fail for me, the potatoes never cooked all the way through. This sure makes me want to try again!

kmouse said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that! This recipe is fool proof bc the potatoes are roasted first so when they are layered into the casserole and go back in to bake, they are def cooked.