Saturday, October 13, 2012

Mushroom Risotto


Made mushroom risotto tonight and it was FAB! Thanks to my cousin Wendy for helping me stir (and stir, and stir and stir....). I used the recipe here. I veganized it of course and changed a few things around. My substitutions:
Veggie broth instead of chicken broth
4-5 TB of olive oil instead of 3
Cremini mushrooms, 1 carton (instead of white mushrooms/portobello combo)
1 small onion, chopped instead of shallots
red wine instead of white
2 TB Earth Balance margarine instead of butter


The risotto was so creamy and rich. I served it with a spinach/arugula salad with cranberries, walnuts and poppyseed dressing.

5 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

I love mushroom risotto, it's one of my favourite ever meals.

James said...

Hi,
Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Veganism Community? Our members will appreciate it.
Members include: Vegans, Veganism Experts, Advocates, Organizations, etc.
It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Articles, News, Photos and Videos if you like.
Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
Please feel free to share as often as you like.
The Veganism Community: http://www.vorts.com/veganism/
I hope you consider sharing with us.
Thank you,
James Kaufman, Editor

Michal said...

Oh I LOVE risotto :) Looks yummy!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mack said...

By looking at it, I can sense how creamy it really is! :) I bet it’s healthy too, as it has mushrooms, which are rich in Vitamin D, the vitamin responsible for enabling the body to better absorb calcium and phosphate. Kudos for this healthy dish! :)

Mack Shepperson