Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Peanut Blossom cookies veganized!

You know this cookie right? I ate them a lot growing up though it was always other people that made them, not me. I found the recipe in my 1967 Pillsbury's Bakeoff Cookie book. Veganizing them was no problem.

Use this to replace the egg. Use soymilk for the soymilk. Use vegan shortening (which I believe most are, including Crisco).

Instead of Hershey kisses, you can use these for the chocolate centers...

These are great too, just use two per cookie. These are less dark than the Chocolove.

Not bad eh?

They were delicious! 




2 comments:

Hillary said...

Those were my favorite holiday cookie when I was a kid! Thanks for reminding me and for veganizing!

Becky said...

I also grew up with these. I've had plans to veganize my mom's recipe and even bought a candy mold to make "kisses" but haven't tried it yet. I love your idea of using a chunky bar of chocolate!