Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Salads In My Life.

I am really loving Terry Hope Romero's book, Salad Samurai! I've been on a BIG SALAD kick because of it. Here are a couple salads I made this weekend. I scored at the 99 cents store when I picked up organic baby kale, organic romaine and organic spring mix. They were the perfect base for the following luscious salads.


This is a BKLT salad (Bacon, Kale, Lettuce, Tomato). I love the maple dijon dressing from her recipe. I added vegan sausage, grape tomatoes, red peppers, red onion, french fried onions, vegan parmesan (sesame seed, nutritional yeast based) and Terry's coconut bacon! The coconut bacon bits are a perfect combination of salty, smoky and sweet.


This is another salad with the above mixed greens, steamed broccoli, Field Roast vegan sausage, Chao vegan cheese, french fried onions and topped with Terry's "Back at the Ranch" salad dressing which is cashew based. So good! Get this book now!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Buying this book. Need salad!

Unknown said...

I can't thank you enough for these recipes! beautiful