Saturday, July 4, 2015

4th of July weekend food.


A big giant burger with a vegan Boca patty, grilled veg and Chao Cheese!
I wasn't too fussy this holiday. Wanted to keep it simple.


Grilled veg, the usual.


Delicious beet and apple salad, a Happy Pear recipe (without the spinach and toasted nuts).


A very colorful coleslaw with a KFC style dressing (vegenaise, soymilk, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar).


Yesterday I made another BKT salad, this time with mixed greens which included baby kale, spinach, tatsoi etc. and I used coconut bacon instead of tempeh bacon. Still delicious!

Blueberry BISQUICK cake. I followed the old vintage recipe for "velvet crumb cake" but instead of the egg, I used half a banana, soymilk for the milk and instead of broiling a sugar/crumb mixture on top, I sprinkled a bit of brown sugar before baking. Oh and I added blueberries! This tasted exactly like blueberry muffin. I should have baked them in muffin tins.

No comments: