Friday, February 27, 2015

I just love saying "Pukkola"!

And I also love eating it. Jamie Oliver made up the word pukkola by combining the words "pukka" (which is hindi slang for "very good")and "granola". It's cute. I made a huge batch last night after shopping for some ingredients. The thing I love about this soaked muesli is that you can add what you like. I grabbed a glass jar and filled it with a mixture of instant rolled oats (I like my muesli mushy), dried apricots, raisins, cranberries, almonds, pecans and walnuts, a handful or so of Bob's Red Mill 10 grain cereal and a little bit of chia seeds. I made a portion to soak overnight by adding about 3/4 cup of the mixture to my little tupperware and covering it with almond milk and adding cinnamon. I usually grate 1/2 an apple in there to soak but I didn't have any apples. In the morning, I added 1 sliced banana and more almond milk, cinnamon and agave to taste.

No comments: