Saturday, June 7, 2014

Groceries on the cheap, british snacks, grilled food and a vintage Bisquick cookbook!


So the 99 Cents Only stores have a very quick turn around for produce. It wasn't like this a few years ago! Now they are constantly unloading new produce into their growing produce section. All this for 25 bucks! I got spring mix, iceberg lettuce, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, 2 kinds of tomatoes, yellow potatoes, raspberries, strawberries, pineapple and more. Some organic, some not. It sure does help to save some money.


And they also carry 100% coconut water for 99 cents each! I usually pay $2.50 per can at Vons.


The Continental Shop in Santa Monica have a huge selection of british foods for your pleasure. I have here an assortment of crips, tea biscuits and chocolates. The non-vegan crisps and chocolates are for my husband. Both tea biscuits and the Corkers thai chili crisps are vegan. I also picked up a can of Lyle's Golden Syrup for my pantry which is not pictured.


Whoa the color! I was fiddling with my camera and put on on the POP color setting which is why my grilled food is particularly saturated in color. It was nice out today so I decided to cook outside.


Yellow potatoes were so good.


I'm becoming redundant with my grilled meals. Another grilled veg sandwich on a kaiser roll with vegenaise and bbq sauce.


Got a book I ordered in the mail today. This vintage cookbook was published in 1964. Love it.


Ooh!


I love vintage cookbooks. I have a box of Bisquick in my pantry. Now I need to work some of these out, vegan style.

I just love looking at the photos. Some look appetizing, some not so much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It all looks marvellous!