Sunday, June 8, 2014

A vegan Bisquick pancake.


I bought a box of Bisquick the other day in order to try out some recipes from a 1964 Bisquick cookbook that I have. I haven't yet tried any of those retro recipes but yesterday came across a recipe for vegan pancakes using Bisquick at Modern Martha blog. Link to recipe here. Yes, I know that Bisquick is not healthy and contains hydrogenated oil of some kind but I had to try this out! I normally use the Vegan Brunch recipe which is much healthier (and delicious) and uses "from scratch" ingredients. The Bisquick one was very rich and very fluffy. It was really good with some Earth Balance margarine and a drizzle of Lyle's Golden Syrup. I also made Lightlife sausages pictured in back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have the best vegan blog by far! Really!

kmouse said...

Aw thanks!!!

GlutenFreeHappyTummy said...

oh gosh, i love pancakes :)