Saturday, August 20, 2011

Vegan Cowboy Chili and Cornbread.


I know this is more fall food than summer food but really, who turns down a steaming bowl of chili with a slab of cornbread? I've made this cowboy chili before. The trick is soaking dried chili peppers and pureeing them and adding the dark red emulsion into the chili. It creates a very complex flavor with some great heat. For the "meatiness", I used tvp chunks and tvp crumbles. Recipe here.


This is the famous PPK cornbread that I absolutely love. Makes good corn muffins too!

3 comments:

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. said...

Love Cornbread in a skillet with something sweet on top! Looks SO yummy.

Run Lori Run said...

That is my favorite cornbread recipe too...

Oh Coco said...

Vegan cowboy chili is always good....who cares about the weather!